The set designer will use their experience and knowledge of current trends to create aspirational, catalog-worthy room scenes for residential and commercial product imagery. They will work in conjunction with producers, set stylists, photographers, and carpenters to see their vision through from concept to completed build.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create set designs to be used to photograph commercial kitchen, bath, construction, etc. products using interior design and construction knowledge.
- Use 20/20 Design for cabinet plans and orders
- Use SketchUp to create concept sketches for clients and construction drawings for carpentry department to execute
- Select finish materials, plumbing fixtures, appliances, etc. within budget and timing parameters
- Complete spec sheets for use by carpentry, producers, and clients
- Order materials and track to ensure arrival by deadlines
- Meet with carpentry to review construction documents and field questions
- Ensure compliance with established department policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned by manager
Requirements and skills:
- Ability to effectively understand and convey design and construction intent through verbal and written mediums.
- Ability to understand installation specifications for appliances, plumbing fixtures, etc.
- Ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to follow instructions
- Attention to detail
- Software proficiencies required:
- MS Office
- 2020 Design
- CKD or AKBD certification preferred
- Knowledge of residential building products and finishes
- High school diploma or GED required
- Design Degree required
The physical demands described below must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Will be required to sit and stand for intermittent periods of time
- Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- Will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Occasional lifting and moving of up to 25 lbs
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to differentiate between colors
- Ability to operate general office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, computer printer) stationed between 3 & 4 feet high
- Ability to comprehend and apply complex information
- Maintain attendance according to company policy
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org